mkcheck and rpath

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Wed May 23 09:48:00 GMT 2001


> Seems like that should be fixed.  Of course, that could be a big job...I
> wonder how difficult it would be to dynamically extract that information
> from dejagnu?

A big job for someone else. I'm trying not to become a full-time dejagnu 
hacker, although it certainly feels like it from the last week. I agree it 
should be done: there should be a dg-like framework 
for using libtool with dejagnu that works correctly with sim and sid. 

Personally, I think that after some kind of sense is made WRT cross 
compiler building/installing, where binaries are pre-installed into a 
specified location, much of the currently twisted cross machinery can be greatly 
simplified. This includes a sane testing framework.

> > It looks like shared linkage can just be fixed with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, like 
> > the g++ testsuite. 

This is now checked in. John, does this help reslove some of the testing 
difficulties on HPUX?

-benjamin



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list