libstdc++/2345, Re: apr-2001 gcc-bugs outstanding

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Tue May 8 15:59:00 GMT 2001

>> Both 2345 and 2071 are for Solaris and cin.  I get stuck at the same point
>> when debugging either one; the debugger doesn't step into cin's member
>> functions before blocking on I/O.  Give it some input, and the cin function
>> returns without ever seeing inside it.  "Frustrating" is putting it nicely.

> can somebody verify that this is still a bug with mainline CVS as of today?

I can confirm that this program (simplified from libstdc++/1620 and/or
slightly extended from libstdc++/2071):

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
        int i;
        cin >> i;
        cout << "i == " << i << endl;
}

fails on i386-unknown-freebsd4.2 when compiled with mainline gcc built
in wee hours of last night (verified with 'ccvs -nq update libstdc++-v3'
that I am still current with all your recent changes in libstdc++)

; a.out
123
123
123
123
123

i == 11111
;

I am with Phil, I honestly don't know how to use the gdb I have
installed to debug this problem and I have made more than one run at
it over the past few months.  I feel somewhat incompetent... ;-/

Regards,
Loren