debug flags (-feliminate-dwarf2-dups)

Daniel Berlin dberlin@redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 20:02:00 GMT 2001

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> writes:

> hey scott. I noticed that you put these flags in your last email:
>
> -g -gdwarf-2 -feliminate-dwarf2-dups
>
> Seems interesting. I'm wondering if these should be just on by
> default, by changing DEBUG_FLAGS in the Makefiles.
>
> Jason? Do we have to be particular about which platforms use these
> flags?

No, it's just that gdb can't debug things with -feliminate-dwarf2-dups
on yet.
I basically had to rewrite large portions of the dwarf2 reader because it makes
stupid assumptions (though i can't fault this, because it's based on
the dwarf1 reader, where these assumptions are valid), and I don't
want the hassle of trying to get the  patch approved, because it
basically, well, rewrites the dwarf2 reader, making it a pain in the
ass to get approved.
If someone else wants to herd it through the gdb patch approval
process, i'll happily send it along.

--
One time the power went out in my house and I had to use the
flash on my camera to see my way around.  I made a sandwich and