problem with latest cvs

Phil Edwards pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Sun Mar 25 15:34:00 GMT 2001

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 06:03:29PM +0200, R. Sinoradzki wrote:
> The error is:
> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.0/libstdc++.so:
>    undefined reference to `std::locale::id::_S_highwater'
[...]
> P.S: If this question isn't new to this mailing list, sorry,
> I have found nothing about this topic in the archive.

It is a known problem that's just shown up in the last couple of days.
It's in the compiler itself, not the library, which is probably why you
didn't see it discussed here.  :-)  The problem has been fixed; you can look
over the 'gcc' and 'gcc-bugs' archives if you want to read an explanation
of what's going on.

Phil