ltconfig error

Jean-Pierre Schwickerath email@schwicky.net
Sat Mar 24 04:59:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an lfs system. I did it some time ago using glibc 2.1.3
and gcc 2.95.
Now I want some stuff to be updated so I started from scratch again.
Ideally my system would have gcc 2.95.3 with libstdc++ 2.91 and glibc 2.2.2
The problem is libstdc 2.91 doesn't like the 2.95 realease of gcc and I don't
want to use libstdc 2.90.8. It's just too old and buggy. So I would need the
gcc 3.0 pre release to use the 2.91 version of libstdc. But glibc doesn't
compile with gcc-3.0
So here I am, desperatly trying to find a solution....

In fact gcc 2.95.3 compiles but fails at the configure of libstdc++
I get the following error:

[snip]
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... c++ -E
updating cache ./config.cache
ltconfig: unrecognized option `--build=i586-pc-linux-gnu'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed

Even if I just do
$ ../gcc-2.95.3/libstdc++/configure
I get the same error...

So I went through the configure script and tried to find the wound place. I
removed the --build=$build from the ltconfig call but it failed at the end then
and I got

creating libtool
ltconfig: unrecognized option `--add-tag=CXX'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool tag configuration failed

So I removed --add-tag

And I got
ltconfig: `../gcc-2.95.3/libstdc++/../ltcf-cxx.sh' does not exist
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool tag configuration failed

And then I gave up.
I can't be.... I missed something. There must be an easier way to fix this...
Does anyone want to be so nice and try to help me?

Thanks

Jean-Pierre

--
Jean-Pierre Schwickerath - Powered by GNU/LinuX!
E-Mail: email@schwicky.net - http://schwicky.net

Nothing's impossible... Everything is relative!