Catch-22 with std

Kevin S. Van Horn Kevin_VanHorn@ndsu.NoDak.edu
Thu Mar 15 09:53:00 GMT 2001

I just installed gcc 2.95.2 with libstdc++ 2.90.8, and I've run into a
catch-22 with the use of std::.  When compiling my programs, if I *don't*
use -fhonor-std, then I get lots of link errors complaining about
undefined references to cout, etc.  If I *do* compile with -fhonor-std,
then I get errors with the Boost libraries I'm using
because those libraries correctly use std::ptrdiff_t, and libstdc++
erroneously puts ptrdiff_t into the global namespace.

So... any ideas on how to work around this problem?