linux->mingw cross and latest gcc snapshot

Florian Wunderlich fwunderlich@devbrain.de
Wed Mar 14 10:19:00 GMT 2001

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> is this a new failure, or is this the first time you've done this?

I built a linux->mingw cross compiler for the last egcs releases and for
gcc-2.95 and 2.95.2, with the same setup. But this was of course
libstdc++-v2, but we need v3 now. So this is the first time with a
post-2.95.2 version.

> > i386-mingw32/libstdc++-v3/include/bits/ctype_base.h in the build
> > directory is linked to libstdc++-v3/config/os/newlib/bits/ctype_base.h
> > in the source directory.
>
> Hmm. Have you ever done a native mingw32 build? What are the ctype
> files linked to in that case?

Sorry, I don't have a native toolchain for mingw32.

> crosses default to newlib, so that's why you see these links.
>
> Basically, from your error messages it looks like the newlib bits
> aren't going to fly for mingwin32: (the newlib files work for cygwin,
> but perhaps not mingwin). Can you try linking to the generic files and
> seeing if that works?

It works when I link ctype_base.h, ctype_inline.h, ctype_noninline.h,
os_defines.h from generic. Where do these symbols come from for cygwin?
And shouldn't they also be defined for mingw?

> ie /config/os/generic/bits/ctype_base.h et. al.
>
> -benjamin

Thanks for your help.