new testsuite failure

Phil Edwards pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Sat Mar 3 09:30:00 GMT 2001

The 27_io/istream_seeks now fails to build, I think as a result of the recent
"should we deprecate <some extension> or not?" discussion on the main lists.
The following message is printed many times, and then compilation just
/stops/ with no further messages or indication as to what actually failed.

/home/pme/src/unified/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/27_io/istream_seeks.cc: In
   function `void test04()':
/home/pme/src/unified/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/27_io/istream_seeks.cc:115: choosing
   `std::fpos<_State> std::operator+(const std::fpos<_State>&, long int) [with
   _State = mbstate_t]' over `operator+'
/home/pme/src/unified/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/27_io/istream_seeks.cc:115:
   because worst conversion for the former is better than worst conversion for
   the latter

That text reads like an 'informative' message rather than an error.

Hmmm... is there an -fdiagnostics switch to trim the dirname from the
source file when it is displayed?  Perhaps something akin to the -p switch
to patch(1), optionally specifying the number of directories to keep?
The line that ends with "choosing" still wraps on my screen when this runs.

Phil