gcc 3.0 installation of libstdc++-v3
Roberto Diaz
rdiazmartin@vivaldi.dhis.org
Thu Jun 21 09:56:00 GMT 2001
Hi!..
Please could you tell me how can I compile and install libstdc++ with
gcc-3.0? it seems you need to update your instructions:
Unpack the gccsrcdir and go into that directory. For
instance, gcc-2.95.2 is a valid gccsrcdir.
Once in gccsrcdir, you'll need to rename or delete
the libstdc++-v3 directory which comes with that snapshot:
there is not a libstdc++-v3 directory there instead I have this:
bash-2.03$ ls
BUGS README configure.in libffi ltmain.sh
COPYING boehm-gc contrib libiberty missing
COPYING.LIB bugs.html faq.html libjava mkdep
ChangeLog config fastjar libobjc mkinstalldirs
FAQ config-ml.in gcc libtool.m4 move-if-change
GNATS config.guess gnats.html ltcf-c.sh symlink-tree
INSTALL config.if include ltcf-cxx.sh ylwrap
MAINTAINERS config.sub install-sh ltcf-gcj.sh zlib
Makefile.in configure libf2c ltconfig
Where it is supposed I have to unpack your tar ball?
now I am compiling this way:
1.- unpack the gcc tarball
$ mkdir objdir
$ cd objdir
$ bash-2.03$ ../gcc-3.0/configure --prefix=/home/robday/work/
--exex-prefix=/home/robday/work/
--with-local-prefix=/home/robday/work/usr/local/
--with-gxx-include-dir=/home/robday/work/include/g++-v3 --enable-threads
--enable-languages=c++
$ cd i686-pc-linux-gnu/
$ tar xvzf libstdc++-2.92.tar.gz
$ ln -s libstdc++-2.92 libstdc++-v3
$ cd ..
$ make bootstrap
$ make install
And then I have all the executables etc.. but I havent the libstdc++-v3
includes..
Now I try this:
$ ../gcc-3.0/configure --prefix=/home/robday/work/
--exex-prefix=/home/robday/work/
--with-local-prefix=/home/robday/work/usr/local/
--with-gxx-include-dir=/home/robday/work/include/g++-v3 --enable-threads
--enable-shared --enable-languages=c++
and it doesnt work.. no includes after "make install"
making this:
$ make all-target-libstdc++-v3
$ make install-target-libstdc++-v3
no includes..
Please.. what shall I do?
Regards
Roberto
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.dhis.org>
http://vivaldi.dhis.org
Powered by GNU running on a Linux kernel.
Powered by Debian (The real wonder)
Concerto Grosso Op. 3/8 A minor
Antonio Vivaldi (so... do you need beautiful words?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list