[v3] hpux header fallout

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Mon Jun 11 18:51:00 GMT 2001

OK, I now see that various people reported additional libstdc++
failures on various platforms over the weekend (I only knew about the
unrelated FreeBSD failure when I started looking at gcc stuff again
today).

With only the unrelated libiberty patch in a current 3.0 branch tree,
`make bootstrap check' has now completed checking of libstdc++-v3 on
i386-unknown-freebsd4.2:

XPASS: 26_numerics/c99_classification_macros_c.cc (test for excess errors)
                === libstdc++-v3 Summary for unix ===
# of expected passes            245
# of unexpected successes       1
# of expected failures          7

                === libstdc++-v3 Summary for unix/-pthread -fpic ===
Likewise.

and on alpha-unknown-freebsd4.2:

XPASS: 26_numerics/c99_classification_macros_c.cc (test for excess errors)
FAIL: 27_io/fpos.cc execution test [1]
FAIL: 27_io/istream_seeks.cc execution test [1]
                === libstdc++-v3 Summary for unix ===
# of expected passes            243
# of unexpected failures        2
# of unexpected successes       1
# of expected failures          7

                === libstdc++-v3 Summary for unix/-pthread -fpic ===
Likewise.

[1] Seen for some time on my alpha-unknown-freebsd4.2 machine but not
    alpha-unknown-freebsd5.0.  I haven't looked into exactly what is
    different on these two hosts.

After I finish closing/analyzing remaining FreeBSD-specific platform
bug reports, I will look at libstdc++/2071 again.  I need to verify
that my fix doesn't work on Solaris.  I will attempt to reformulate
it, once I verify Phil's report.

Regards,
Loren