Further on gcc-3.0 sparc-solaris bootstrap failure

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Sat Jun 9 14:31:00 GMT 2001

On Jun  8, 2001, Stephen L Moshier <moshier@mediaone.net> wrote:

> On 8 Jun 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>> The blank line contains AC_EXEEXT in configure.in.  Since AC_EXEEXT is
>> run by default by default by autoconf 2.50, the duplicate expands to
>> nothing, which breaks.

>> As for GCC, we should probably add a line containing `:' inside the
>> conditional, so that it works with autoconf 2.50

> Here is a patch --

>        * libobjc/configure.in (AC_EXEEXT):  Precede by placeholder ':' command.

Thanks.  I decided to got a bit further and comment on the reason
behind it, and fixed other libraries affected by the same problem.
Mark, is this something we want in the 3.0 branch too?  It's only
necessary for additional (but still incomplete) compatibility with
autoconf 2.50.  I'm checking it in in mainline for now.