Stephen Webb's staging headers patch
Gabriel Dos Reis
Gabriel.Dos-Reis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Fri Jul 20 03:04:00 GMT 2001
Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> writes:
| One problem is that the generic limits file is 32bit, and I
| suppose using it for a 64bit target would be incorrect.
|
| Gaby, do you have any thoughts?
Yes, but I have to go now (I don't really have the choice :-), and
won't return back until Monday very late.
| I suppose the following would work and be robust:
|
| Have
| 1) 16bit generic limits file
| 2) 32bit generic limits file
| 3) 64bit generic limits file
| (to be honest, Red Hat's already needed a 16bit limits file)
|
| As part of gen_numeric_limits, some kind of check is done to see if
| sizeof(native_int) != sizeof(target_int)
|
| if so, then pick
|
| generic_limits_(sizeof(target_int)) file.
This sounds good to me. David, would you mind give it a try?
Thanks,
-- Gaby
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list