Hello, world! from AIX

David Edelsohn dje@watson.ibm.com
Thu Jan 25 13:39:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> Mark Mitchell writes:

Mark> I have a C++ "Hello, world" program that works, using `cout', on AIX
Mark> 4.3.

Mark> (David, did we ever get that to work before?  My recollection was that
Mark> it crashed on exit, which the current incarnation does not.)

	Yes, we did have iostream working.  It was more complicated
programs that had the reference count problem.

Mark> I will be checking in patches shortly.  Then, I will start running the
Mark> V3 testsuite programs to see if I can replicate the other problems
Mark> involving undefined VTTs, etc.

	Note that the missing vtable, typeinfo, VTT symbols are present in
the more basic G++ testsuite, not requiring the V3 testsuite.  I posted
references to some trivial testcases exhibiting the problem.

Thanks, David