V3 Configury

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@codesourcery.com
Mon Jan 22 23:08:00 GMT 2001

[...]

| More to the point, are their systems that really have acosf, and
| asinf, but not atanf?  I bet not.

I'll take no bet :-)  V3 has proven to hide varations in surprises :-)

| Below, I'll outline what I plan to do -- unless somebody stops me. :-)
|
| I'm going to group these functions into bigger amalgamations and just
| produce all-or-nothing results for the whole amalgamation.  That
| should reduce the per-function cost substantially.
|
| Also, <ctype> detection alone takes a long time (over a minute) to
| work out.  Why are we doing this with autoconf (in a rather hacky way,
| involving checking for funny symbols in ctype.h) rather than using
| configure.target, like we do for other obscure properties on the
| target?  I'm going to change that too.

I'm unsure.  But you can it a try and see what breaks.

(I guess I need to reread ChangeLog* to answer all your points with
confidence, the only thing I can attest for is the painful
inconsistency between implementations).

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com