shadowed rel_ops operators

Richard Andrews richarda@ixla.com.au
Thu Jan 18 18:05:00 GMT 2001

Looking at stl_iterator.h (near end of file)

There are templated operators defined here which exactly shadow the
operators defined in std::rel_ops.

These iterator specific operators cause havoc when using <iterator> and
std::rel_ops in the same compilation unit.

There are only two operators in stl_iterator.h which do anything unique to
iterators they are operator==() and operator<(), the fundamental operators.

I'd like to have the rest of the operators removed and replaced with (eg.)

using std::rel_ops::operator!=;

I have made the changes on my system and recompiled my extensive list of
container code without any problems that I can see. So it looks like its
safe to do this.

Comments?