glibc 2.1.1pre2 breaks libstdc++-v3 build

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 04:44:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 12:39:28PM +0000, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>
> > NOTE: this patch should also be backported to 2.95.3.  I guess it's
> > too late for 2.95.2.1.
>
> Just when I had the next test release all packaged up... <sigh>

Actually, I don't think it is that necessary to put this into 2.95.*, it
won't hurt but it will build with glibc 2.2.1 just fine:

#ifdef __USE_EXTERN_INLINES
/* Since version 2.97 GCC knows about `fprintf' and can optimize certain
   cases.  Help gcc to optimize more code by mapping `printf' to the known
   `fprintf' function.  Unfortunately we have to use a macro.  */
# if __GNUC_PREREQ (2,97)
#  define printf(fmt, args...) fprintf (stdout, fmt, ##args)
# endif

means printf() macro will only be defined if compiling with gcc 2.97 and
above, and libobjc is always compiled with the compiler it comes with.

	Jakub