PATCH: for Serious v3 shared library bug

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Tue Jan 2 16:45:00 GMT 2001

In article < 200101022253.f02MrkO36439@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com >, I wrote:

> libstdc++-v3 rebuilt and checked on i386-*-freebsd4.2.

[Original patch and commentary removed.]

I accidentally tested libstdc++-v3 with only those tests that had been
failing not the full suite (as I know to do).  A full bootstrap and
test cycle has just revealed that this test now fails (since stdX and
cX are using different underlying file descriptors with the first
version of the patch):

27_io/ios_base_members_static.cc

If the special case logic that I mentioned is implemented, then this
failure should be resolved.  I will post that patch after I fully test
it but I wanted to alert everyone of my mistake ASAP.

Regards,
Loren