Shared build failures with libstdc++-v3
Russell Davidson
russell@ehess.cnrs-mrs.fr
Tue Feb 20 08:21:00 GMT 2001
I haven't tried to build libstdc++-v3 with the CVS sources for some time,
and so I may be doing something stupid, but, if so, I can't discover what.
When I do 'make check' after building the library, all but a few of the
builds with the static library are OK, but the builds with the shared
library all fail, with undefined symbols __check_null_eh_spec,
__check_eh_spec, __start_cp_handler, and __cp_pop_exception. I suspect
that all these are related to exception handling.
Platform is i686-pc-linux-gnu, libstdc++ sources are today's CVS (I
started trying this on Sunday and have always had this problem since
then), gcc is the 2.97 20010205 snapshot configured with
--prefix=/home/russell/newgcc --enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++
and binutils are, as reported by ld,
GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 2.9.5.0.46)
Any help is greatly welcome.
Incidentally, the version of libstdc++-v3 that comes with that gcc
snapshot does not have this problem.
Russell.
--
Russell Davidson email: russell@ehess.cnrs-mrs.fr
GREQAM,
Centre de la Vieille Charite, telephone: +33-4.91.14.07.40
F-13002 Marseille fax: +33-4.91.90.02.27
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list