RFC: moving stl_config defines into c++config

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 20:18:00 GMT 2001

> Yah, much ugliness.  Are we planning to continue to track the SGI STL in
> the future?

seems like this is not going to exist in the future...

> I've been making these changes under the assumption that
> someday we'll have to merge in a new version.  If that's not the case,
> then surgically removing all of the "never happens" macro cruft would
> be wonderful.  I'd be interested in Matt Austern's STL rewrite, too.

If there was a patch that took out all the unreached code in the STL
files, and eliminated useless macros, I would advocate applying it. After
this current patch is finished, of course.

> I'll do a eensy bit of cleanup and then check these in to the mainline.

a good place to start.

thanks again.

benjamin