V3 PATCH: Insert `typename' and `ios_base::' where required

Neil Booth neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 11:20:00 GMT 2001

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:-

> I've just realized that contrary to files include/c_std/**/*.h and
> include/c_shadow/**/*.h, the files include/bits/*.h don't active the
> system_header #pragma.  I thought they were.  That is a mistake.
>
> My apologies.
>
> We should activate that pragma, and for maintainers we'll toggle
> -Wsystem-headers if desirable.

CPP basically decides system headerness based on the directory the file
is included in.  Why is that not enough for libstdc++, if things are
installed correctly?  Or is this a desire to be able to use -I rather
than -isystem?

I'm just trying to understand why the pragma is necessary.

Neil.