V3 PATCH: Insert `typename' and `ios_base::' where required

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@codesourcery.com
Thu Feb 15 22:22:00 GMT 2001

|     Gabriel> Yes, we do: CharT is a POD.
|
| Okie-dokie.  I didn't know that.  Where is that in the standard?

Most of the vocabulary used in the library is defined in section 17.1.

  17.1.2 Characters
  in clauses 21, 22 and 27, means any object which, when treated
  sequentially, can represent text.  The term not only mean `char' and
  'wchar_t'; but any value that can be represented by a type that
  provides the definitions specified in these clauses.

  17.1.3 Character container type
  a class or a type to represent a character (17.1.2).  It is used for
  one of the template parameters of the string and iostream class
  template.  A character container shall be a POD (3.9) type.

Later, 21/1 says:

  This clause describes components for manipulating sequences of
  "characters" where characters may be of any POD (3.9) type [...]

and so on...

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com