V3 PATCH: Insert `typename' and `ios_base::' where required

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@codesourcery.com
Thu Feb 15 22:07:00 GMT 2001

|     Gabriel> Is there a reason why GCC's extension for variable-length
|     Gabriel> array of fondamental types can't be supported here?
|
| It would be -- except that when the library is compiled with -pedantic
| it's not.

That should not happen -- anything included by a system header should
be noted as a system header, and unless -Wsystem-header is specified
there should be no diagnostic for extension constructs in such a header.
If that happens, the compiler we should fix the compiler.

| Can we just add `#pragma GCC system_header' to ostream.tcc?  Should
| that go in all the .tcc files?

That might be a short-term solution, but there ought to be a way to
convince the compiler not to diagnose extension constructs in system
headers.

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com