C++ vs. AIX -ansi

Nathan Sidwell nathan@codesourcery.com
Tue Feb 6 01:38:00 GMT 2001

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> On AIX, `g++ -ansi' doesn't work very well depending on the order in
> which you #include things.
>
> Consider:
>
>   #include <stdio.h>
>   #include <fstream.h>
>
> This issues tons of errors.
FWIW the same problem existed on gnu/linux back in december see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-12/msg00449.html . I don't
know if it's fixed, as I've neglected to follow it up.

As David says, I think the relevant #defines must be provided
on the  preprocessor command line -- or some fixincludes configurey
is needed.

> Me, I can live with `g++ -ansi' being broken. :-)
I can't :-( -- especially as I prefer g++ -ansi -pedantic

nathan
--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'