Problems with gcc 2.95.3 / stdc++ 2.90.8

Philip Martin philip@codematters.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 08:33:00 GMT 2001

Neil Bird <neil@fnxweb.com> writes:

> Around about 12/19/01 14:58, Philip Martin scribbled ...
>
> > Which is in libgcc.a I believe, and you have probably built that with
> > -fno-honor-std. Like I said, I used to rebuild the entire 2.95 and v3
> > trees with -fhonor-std.
>
>    OK, then.  I'd assumed that as my libstdc++.a has loads of std::foo
> entries (nm -C), it had automatically built with -fhonor-std.  Guess
> not.

The v3 libstdc++ has been built -fhonor-std since nm -C shows the std
namespace. However libgcc is part of gcc 2.95 and has probably been
built -fno-honor-std, nm -C on that will not show the std namespace.

--
Philip