include strstream instead of strstream.h

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Sun Aug 12 10:14:00 GMT 2001


On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 05:49:56PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@mediaone.net> writes:
> 
> | I think the warning should be changed to something more
> | useful.  How about something like:
> 
> If you want to take that road, then you will have to do the same thing
> for all backward headers.

I don't think so.  For the general case, the warning
in backward_warning.h is fine and nothing needs to be changed
for all the other deprecated headers,
ie. if someone includes <iostream.h>, backward_warning.h will
tell them to include <iostream>.

However, <strstream> is a unique case, since <strstream.h> and 
<strstream> are both deprecated.  Since it is a unique case,
I do not think it is out of line to change the deprecation
warning to something more useful, and less confusing to the end user.

If the warning is not useful, then what is the point of including
any deprecation warnings at all?
-- 
Craig Rodrigues        
http://www.gis.net/~craigr    
rodrigc@mediaone.net          



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list