reply

yxr72@263.net yxr72@263.net
Sat Apr 21 20:18:00 GMT 2001

Hello, Mr Couder,
   I open the libstdc++.a by directly read it, that is to click the right button of mouse,and click 'open'then, there is a GUI on my system. I know libstdc++.a is a share library, originally, I only try to open it, but I do open it, but I don't know what the content means.What the comments the compiler give is "undefined symbol '_eh_pc 'in file '/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(fstream.o)".
I get nothing after running "nm -C libstdc++.a|grep _eh_pc".
I try to compile a c++ project to generate a dataset to simulate something I will use, there are several .cc programs and three .h programs. I show you part of the Makefile
"HFILES1 = glob.h dist.h
HFILES2 = gen.h
CFILES1 =  ran1.cc expdev.cc gammln.cc gasdev.cc poidev.cc dist.cc
CFILES2 =  gen.cc main.cc command.cc
OBJECTS1 = ran1.o expdev.o gammln.o gasdev.o poidev.o dist.o
OBJECTS2 = gen.o main.o command.o
LIBES = -lm
CC = /usr/local/bin/g++
CFLAGS = -O2
gen: $(OBJECTS1) $(OBJECTS2)
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OBJECTS1) $(OBJECTS2) -I/usr/local/include/g++ -I/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/include -I/usr/include -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -L/lib $(LIBES)  -o gen ..."
So you see what the option I use.Are there something wrong here? libstdc++.so is in /usr/local/lib, I have specified it in the PATH and as a compiler option.I don't know where else this file exist. I didn't try to compile a samll c++ program that would link dynamically with the libstdc++.so. The 'gen'is the first program I use with gcc.
But there is something I must note:when I compiling the programs, there are some warnnings refered,just because of the incorrect transformation of data type. I wonder, if this is the reason make "core dump" when I execute gen.(after replacing /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a with /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/libstdc++.a, I can generate gen,the executable program. It will run correctly when I run gen -help and gen -version or some other non pivotal options, but when run gen to generate the simulation dataset, it cann't run.
Thank you for your patient help.
Best Regards
xixi.yang