libstdc++ test framework, minor improvement

Gabriel Dos Reis Gabriel.Dos-Reis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Apr 2 16:47:00 GMT 2001

"Zack Weinberg" <zackw@Stanford.EDU> writes:

| On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:07:52AM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| >
| > But given the pressing state, I guess it is OK you put your patch in
| > (mainline and bracnh).  I'll manage later to get sync with official
| > dejagnu source.
|
| Mainline and branch libstdc++.exp are not the same.

Oh, weird... I just noticed that they effectively diverge but I'm
unable to find corresponding ChangeLog entries...

| ... Should I put the
| patch on the branch anyway?  Should I just copy mainline to branch?

Since your patch concerns only dg-test which is the same in the two
versions, it is OK you apply your patch.

Before copying mainline to branch, I need to figure out why
the following change was made:

*************** proc libstdc++-dg-init { args } {
*** 61,75 ****

      # mkcheck.in used to output these information.
      set output [remote_exec host $lib_env(CXX) -v]
!     if { [lindex $output 0] == 0 } {
!       set output [lindex $output 1]
!       regexp "gcc version.*$" $output version
!       regsub "\n+" $version "" version
!       clone_output "Compiler: $version"
!       clone_output "Compiler flags: $lib_env(CXXFLAGS)"
!     } else {
!       perror "Cannot determine compiler version: [lindex $output 1]"
!     }
  }

  ## dg.exp callback.  Called from dg-test to run PROGRAM.
--- 61,76 ----

      # mkcheck.in used to output these information.
      set output [remote_exec host $lib_env(CXX) -v]
! # XXX don't try clever formatting hacks at the moment
! #    if { [lindex $output 0] == 0 } {
! #     set output [lindex $output 1]
! #     regexp "gcc version.*$" $output version
! #     regsub "\n+" $version "" version
! #     clone_output "Compiler: $version"
! #     clone_output "Compiler flags: $lib_env(CXXFLAGS)"
! #    } else {
! #     perror "Cannot determine compiler version: [lindex $output 1]"
! #    }
  }

Benjamin, do you have an idea?

-- Gaby