Building libstdc++-v3 and -WError

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 17:59:00 GMT 2000

> I appreciate the concern of having the library free of any warnings,
> but isn't -WError a little too hard...

Hmm. I understand this problem now (ie, wctype.h + -O2 == bad)

I've temporarily hacked in some nasty bits for this.

I guess the options are:

1) convert the world to glibc-2.2, in which case this is fixed
2) disable -Werror.

I did the hack, for now. Unfortunately the shadow header work wouldn't
even help in this case.

I am starting to think that -Werror should be disabled by default.
People who think it's overkill, help me see the light.

We've had a bunch of complaints about this. I dunno. The thought of adding an
--enable-werror flag is a bit much, and adding it to debug_flags is
really not the intention of that flag. Perhaps interested parties
should just edit the src/Makefile.am for WERROR? Thoughts?

-benjamin