libstdc++-v3 on RedHat 7 - how ?

Levente Farkas lfarkas@mindmaker.hu
Tue Oct 31 07:09:00 GMT 2000

"Dr. David Gilbert" wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Levente Farkas wrote:
>
> > > Are you suggesting rebuilding both GCC and libstdc++ in this way, or just
> > > somehow rebuilding libstdc++ - it seems to be grafted into the gcc dist
> > > that its not easy to do the later now.
> >
> > you have to rebuild the whole gcc libstdc++:-(
>
> OK, no problem - I can rebuild the lot (I've done it once today before
> your advice).  But if I'm rebuilding the lot I'd rather not be using the
> RH SRPM.
>
> Can anyone recommend me a good version of the gcc source to start with for
> this? (I was previously running with gcc 2.95.2 19991024) - what are you
> guys using when you want to work on the library and dont want to get stuck
> following the gcc snaps ?

unfortunately, there is no such. the best choise is jakubs srpm from rawhide,
but it's not contain the current 'redesign' header structure.
so the best I can do is the latest cvs (which you cant use the rawhide
spec file:-()

 -- Levente
 "The only thing worse than not knowing the truth is
  ruining the bliss of ignorance."