difficulties converting to stdc++-v3 (2.90.8)

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 23:35:00 GMT 2000


> I have been unsuccessfully trying to convert from libstdc++-3 (shipped w/
> gcc 2.95.2) to libstdc++-v3. I have tried both including a rebuild of gcc
> with the make and install of libstdc++-v3 and not doing that (rebuilding
> gcc). Both times, when i try to compile code using strstream, I get a large
> number of errors regarding ios_base.h (listed below). This problem is not
> encountered by libstdc++-3. I configured libstdc++-v3 for "--enable-debug
> --enable-threads=posix" (and enable-libgcc-rebuild=DIR when performed
> rebuild of gcc). Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

I'm a bit confused about how you built/rebuilt g++ and libstdc++-v3. Did 
you check out the on-line documenation?

> /usr/local/bin/g++ -c  -DKAZAN -DLINUX -DCOMBYPASS -Wno-non-template-friend
> -I../../kazan/include -I/usr/local/include/g++-v3 -g -DDEBUG -D_DEBUG
> -DLINUX -DGNU -DUNIX -I../../kazan/include  -o linux-g/_epigisctrl.o
> _epigisctrl.cpp

you shouldn't need to specify 

-I/usr/local/include/g++-v3

if you've built the compiler/library combo correctly.

-benjamin


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list