AIX status

David Edelsohn dje@watson.ibm.com
Sat Oct 14 20:39:00 GMT 2000

	Ulrich, if you want to continue making baseless statements without
first inquiring about the facts, I cannot stop you, but it *IS* very
unprofessional.

	First you said that _XOPEN_SOURCE=500 is enough and anything else
means that the AIX headers are wrong.  Now you agree that the AIX
equivalent to _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, as required by Solaris and others
systems, is a reasonable addition -- not just _XOPEN_SOURCE=500.

Ulrich> How else can you explain that every single other system is
Ulrich> already support, only AIX not?

    decosf1 | irix | mach | os2 | solaris | win32 | dce | vxworks)
      AC_MSG_ERROR(thread package $THREADS not yet supported)

If you look at the v3 sources, you will see that GNU/Linux, AIX, Irix,
Solaris, and BSD/FreeBSD are the only operating systems recognized with
everything else throw into generic and Phil has a pile of patches required
for Solaris to work.  You have a strange definition of "support".

	You do an excellent job of making authoritative, condescending
statements without a factual basis.  I am not going to respond to the rest
of your baiting because I think that it speaks for itself.

David