AIX status

David Edelsohn dje@watson.ibm.com
Sat Oct 14 17:32:00 GMT 2000


>>>>> Phil Edwards writes:

Phil> How far does the build go on AIX now?

	So far I'm just changing which rug I use to hide the dust.  I am
waiting to hear from Ben about which of the solutions to threads and
mknumeric_limits he will accept.

	I still have problems with most of the locale files and with
compiling the library in the mode without threads, as others have noted.
I also am waiting for the libtool maintainers to merge the AIX changes and
for those to be incorporated into libstdc++-v3 to begin attacking that set
of problems. 

	Setting _XOPEN_SOURCE=500 will not do the right thing on AIX.  If
I set _XOPEN_SOURCE, then I need to set all of the macros listed and more
that standards.h takes care of.  Either way, libstdc++-v3 would need to
track the logic of the AIX header file and standards.

David




More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list