AIX status

David Edelsohn dje@watson.ibm.com
Wed Oct 11 20:20:00 GMT 2000

	I have been trying to build v3 from the latest sources.  The new
directory structure and configuration elements seems like they will allow
me to remove some of my current kludges.

	What I found with the current sources is that neither libmath nor
libio subdirectories have any Makefile targets to build anything.

	The "src" directory has a problem with include files in my
configuration:

INCLUDES = \
        -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -nostdinc++ \
        $(CSHADOW_INCLUDES) $(LIBSUPCXX_INCLUDES) -I$(GLIBCPP_INCLUDE_DIR) \
        $(LIBIO_INCLUDES) $(LIBMATH_INCLUDES) -I$(top_builddir) \
        $(TOPLEVEL_INCLUDES)

GLIBCPP_INCLUDE_DIR is empty in my configuration, so GCC is invoked with
"-I" which seems to cause it to ignore -I$(top_builddir) so that it cannot
find bits/std_limits.h.  When I fixup the Makefile, GCC cannot find
bits/std_cfloat.h.  I see multiple files with that name in the "include"
hierarchy of the v3 source directory, so I do not know which one is
intended and which include directory is missing from the commandline.

David