G++ test failures

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Nov 22 12:02:00 GMT 2000

    Benjamin> I would suggest that the g++ testcases use
    Benjamin> non-deprecated parts of the library, thus side-stepping
    Benjamin> this issue.

The reason for those test-cases is not to test the library -- it's to
test the compiler's ability to handle constructs in those header files
that used to cause problems.  So, we'd like to keep the test-cases.

It seems like from what you say, though, that everything is OK: the
test-cases now work independent of whether or not strstream.h is in
std, and you'll want a backwards-compatibility header called
strstream.h anyhow, right?