G++ test failures

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Nov 22 10:59:00 GMT 2000

There are a bunch of new G++ test failures today.  It looks like all
of them stem from this change to V3:

  2000-11-21  Benjamin Kosnik  <bkoz@purist.soma.redhat.com>

	* src/strstream.cc: Adjust includes.

I think some of the changes to V3 may have been incorrect.  For
example, include/backward/strstream.h now puts ostrstream in the std
namespace, which may have not have been intended.

I'm going to tweak a couple of the G++ test cases that are failling.
Some of them are incorrect (they use <strstream> which doesn't exist
in ISO C++).  However, I would like someone from the V3 list to
comment on whether or not strstream.h should be putting its names in
std.

In any case, now that V3 is part of GCC by default, the same rules
apply to checkins there that apply everyone else.  In particular, any
change to V3 must be validated with a run of `make check-g++', showing
no regressions, before check in.  Also, all patches to V3 should be
posted to gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org, as well as the V3 list.

Thanks,