Garbled iostream output using libstdc++-v3

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Wed Nov 22 04:13:00 GMT 2000

In article < Pine.BSF.4.30.0011211758320.772-100000@taygeta.dbai.tuwien.ac.at >,
Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but the following program worked
> fine for me with GCC 2.95.2 and current CVS sources before we switched to
> libstdc++-v3.

> Now, if I have the program print it's output to the console or to a file
> by means of tee (a.out | tee filename), everything is fine and I tell get
> the desired output:

>   {alpha6beta2}

>   {gamma8delta9}

> However, once I pipe the output to a file (a.out > filename), all I get is:

>   {{gamma8delta9}

What version of this file: libstdc++-v3/config/c_io_stdio.cc do you have?

You need version 1.2 which was just installed this morning.

You can thank Scott Snyder <snyder@fnal.gov> for the patch... ;-)

Regards,
Loren