Removal of V2 code

Geoff Keating geoffk@geoffk.org
Tue Nov 21 12:37:00 GMT 2000

> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org, libstdc++@sources.redhat.com
> From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:56:13 -0800

> Geoff --
>
>   Thanks for the script.  It worked great.
>
>   The rumors of V2 not working with newlib were greatly exaggerated.

Great!  (I assume you mean V3).  It seems to have changed since I
looked at it last.

Now the problem is that V3 doesn't cross-configure from Solaris.  I get:

updating cache ../config.cache
/sloth/delay/tbox/cvs-gcc/egcs/libstdc++-v3/configure: test: argument expected

and the configuration stops.  This is just the usual breakage, though,
and probably easily fixed, as compared to the earlier situation where
it looked like lots of porting would be required.

So, go for it!

>   The code in question looks like it calls `_fcntl'; I don't know why
> the linker reports that as `fcntl'.  I don't understand what's causing
> that, but it's clear that it has nothing to do with V3.  I suspect a
> newlib configury issue.  Geoff, would you mind tracking this down?

I'll look at it.

Thank you very much for your work!

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>