[patch] mkcshadow improvements

Nathan Myers ncm@cantrip.org
Tue May 16 14:11:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 01:24:33PM +0100, Anthony Williams wrote:
> Looking at the shadow/bits stuff, it seems at least as complete as
> the stuff I provided. Is there actually anything worth using from my
> implementation?

Your work is incredibly precious, because now there are two
people who understand this stuff, one of whom has some time
to work on it.  Getting in some kind of accommodation to
Solarix barbarisms, and getting those POSIX and XOPEN calls in,
will go a long way to making the library useful in production.

Furthermore, since my work wasn't tested, differences between
yours and mine are likely to indicate bugs in one, the other,
or both.

Benjamin and Phil are working on getting the configure and
Makefile changes in so that it's all easy to experiment with.

Nathan Myers
ncm at cantrip dot org