[patch] mkcshadow improvements

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@cygnus.com
Sun May 14 23:30:00 GMT 2000


Ok Nathan, I checked this in. I'm still interested in seeing the state
of Anthony's work on solaris. Anthony, can you post what you have,
even if it's a tarball?

>Hmm, I can't agree.  The "inclosure" script doesn't actually 

script == mk notation

>make anything, it just generates a list of header names to pipe
>into mkcshadow.  In fact it probably could be integrated into 
>mkcshadow once we're confident that it's right.  Maybe, though,
>it would be better to save its output to a file in the build
>directory, to make it easier to audit what it's up to.

If it can be integrated, then do it and this issue will be moot.  My
preference is to save output to a file so that it's easier to see what
all thse trickster scripts actually do.

>Attached below is an improvement to mkcshadow, so it creates 
>cshadow/* in the build directory rather than the source directory

Yep. You shouldn't write into the source directory. This is easy to do
in autoconf...

>  ../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/inclosure \
>    -I ../../../v3/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.96/include/ \
>    -I /usr/include \
>    -G machine/ansi.h \
>   | ../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/mkcshadow 

Okay. Let me try to decipher what you've done:

GCC_EXEC_PREFIX/include
/usr/include

but then what's the machine/ansi.h stuff, and how would this translate to solaris, for instance?

>The appropriate "-I" arguments must be discovered by configure, and 
>the -G argument(s) depend on the target build environment.

Can you explain how configure is to discover them? At least what it
should look for?

-benjamin



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list