C++STYLE

Brent Verner brent@linux1.org
Fri May 12 20:32:00 GMT 2000

on Fri, May 12, 2000 at 12:17:36PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik typed aloud:
| In addition, some kind of consistent mechanism needs to be established
| to resolve protracted (and pointless) disputes. (Say, ayes/nayes from
| mailing lists via email, vote of maintainers, or something. Anything!)
| It would be nice if the debate over where to put '*' and '&' could be
| resolved within a week, for instance.
|
| Any ideas? Is this something people feel is important, and if so,
| should this be hammered out now?

+1 for hammering out coding standards.

yes, coding standards should be defined/enforced throughout the
library. this would make it much simpler for new persons (me :)
to get around the code. also, it would make it _much_ simpler for
authors of programming tools (such as cscope) to better support
c++ code.

suggestion: a mailing list to which suggestions and subsequent
votes may be made by concerned (maybe select) persons.

hth.
    brent