C++ err msgs [ was Re: building libstdc++-v3 from the 20000105 snapshot dies with multiple def errors. ]

Michel Decima decima@cybercable.fr
Wed May 10 10:54:00 GMT 2000

>Hi,
>  I know this one is probably off topic a bit, but Benjamins mail which
>included the library build errors reminded me of something.
>Is there any way to make the errors which appear after misusing parts of
>the library (especially some of the template classes) more friendly?  New
>users run a mile when they get a single error message half a page
>long.....

off topic or not, I think it is an interesting feature for new users. I am
not a new one (not very old too ;) but sometimes I would like to have
error
message with my own typedefs.

--
The function of an expert is not to be more right than other
people, but to be wrong for more sophiscated reasons.