making conforming headers.

Fri May 5 00:27:00 GMT 2000

> with any luck nathan will revisit this stuff soon. As far as I'm
> concerned, the "mkcshadow" code needs to be dusted off and made
> working, and added to the configure scripts by default. If you're looking
> for something fun to do, this might be a good place to start....

I personally believe that the 'right' approach is to change the C
library proper; Ulrich Drepper has indicated that he'd accept patches
in that direction, even for inclusion in glibc 2.2. On platforms where
we don't control the C library, we can't provide 100% standards
conformance; tough luck. Of course, we should still try to support the
80% of the cases that require 20% of the work.

Regards,
Martin