builtin trig funcs under solaris

Steven King sxking@uswest.net
Fri May 26 14:38:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Phil Edwards wrote:
> The builtin trig funcs are detected as being supported under Solaris using
> current CVS, but every testsuite entry fails when linking with the shared
> library due to unresolved trig symbols.  The only "fix" I've found is to
> comment out GLIBCPP_CHECK_BUILTIN_MATH_SUPPORT from configure.in altogether.
> Doing so gives me testsuite results of 112/26, and most of those are shared
> failures due to a segfault.

  The configure checks for the builtin math funcs are broken.  However, the
builtins (sin[f,l], cos[f,l]) look like they unconditionally builtin
(gcc/c-common.c), so they should be there on 2.96.  However, for x86 atleast
and I would expect it to be the same on Solaris, unless you use -ffast-math, the
builtins are expanded to include a call to the libm routine (I think for error
handling).

  I suppose the correct thing to do would be to not use the use the builtins
unless the libm routine is found as well.

--
Steven King
sxking@uswest.net