--enable-long-long by default?

Wed May 24 23:41:00 GMT 2000

> "long long" is not legal ISO C++.  I suppose that as long as
> "-ansi" or "-pedantic" turns if off, it's ok to default on,
> but I prefer having extensions turned on when users ask for
> them, not by default.

long long, as a built-in type, is available in g++ by default. It is
an extension that cannot be mistaken as a well-formed C++ program, so
-ansi has nothing to do with it. In g++, this type is not available
with -pedantic. I'd prefer if this strategy (provide extensions by
default) also applies to the libraries included in GCC.

Regards,
Martin