Build failure on Red Hat Linux 6.1
michael.collison@conexant.com
michael.collison@conexant.com
Wed May 24 07:47:00 GMT 2000
I download the latest release (libstdc++-2.90.8.tar.gz) and tried to build
with gcc-2.95.2:
In the gcc source directory I did the following (per the directions):
- mv libstdc++ libstdc++-v2
- mv libio libio-v2
- gzip -dc libstdc++-2.90.8.tar.gz | tar xf -
- ln -s libstdc++-2.90.8 libstdc++
- ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-languages=c++
- make bootstrap
During the build 'gcc' and 'g++' build fine. When it comes time to build
libstdc++ I get the following:
Configuring in i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++
ChangeLog ..linked
Makefile.am ..linked
Makefile.in ..linked
README ..linked
acconfig.h ..linked
acinclude.m4 ..linked
aclocal.m4 ..linked
backward ..working in
iostream.h ..linked
new.h ..linked
bits ..working in
..... (and many similar lines)
Finally the error message:
creating cache ./config.cache
configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in .. ./..
The build has created a subdirectory under 'gcc-2.95.2' called
'i686-pc-linux-gnu'. Under that directory is 'libstdc++'. Naturally there
is no 'install-sh' (which lives under 'gcc-2.95.2'). Any ideas on how to
fix this?
Michael Collison
Conexant Systems
(508) 621-0697
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list