Subtle problem with libstdc++-v3 when used with gcc configuredwith --enable-shared --enable-threads\=posix

Branko Branko
Tue May 23 22:53:00 GMT 2000

Loren James Rittle wrote:
[...]
> If I manually take out the -lm and -lc in the second command line, I
> get a shared libstdc++ library that appears to work just fine when
> either libc or libc_r is provided by the g++ driver at later link-times.
>
> Is this solution on the right track?

Shouldn't there be two versions of the C++ library on such systems,
libstdc++ and libstdc++_r, each linked with the appropriate libc?
After all, what sense does it make to use a thread-safe C++ library,
if the C library isn't?

    Brane

--
Branko Čibej                 <branko.cibej@hermes.si>
HERMES SoftLab, Litijska 51, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia