Patch for missing sinf, cosf, ...

Branko Branko
Wed Jun 7 10:56:00 GMT 2000


Phil Edwards wrote:
> 
> Something wacky's happening, at least on solaris8.  After this patch (the
> very latest one),

(You mean the one I sent today, right?)

> configure detects that the builtin sqrtf is available,
> but that the external one isn't, and yet fails to add it to LIBMATHOBJS.
> Same for cosf and sinf.

Weird. It works fine for me. Are you sure they're not in LIBMATHOBJS
(did you check $objdir/<platform>/libstdc++-v3/math/Makefile)?

> Did I misunderstand what this patch is supposed to do?

No, you understood it correctly.

BTW, the math/{cos,fabs,sin,sqrt}f.c files have changed because
the configury patch changes the predicate from *_HAS_BUILTIN_* to
*_HAVE_BUILTIN_*, so you must use the files from the archive I
attached with the patch.

    Brane

-- 
Branko Čibej                 <branko.cibej@hermes.si>
HERMES SoftLab, Litijska 51, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
voice: (+386 1) 586 53 49     fax: (+386 1) 586 52 70


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list