Collation implementation

Dietmar Kuehl dietmar_kuehl@yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 01:34:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

--- Shiv Shankar Ramakrishnan <Shiv@pspl.co.in> wrote:
> Somebody will surely do work to make libstdc++ work with ICU even if
> I don't.

Even if nobody does the work for libstdc++: There are other open source
implementations of the standard C++ library available, too (STLport,
CXXRT), and I'm pretty sure that for one of them integration with ICU
will at least be considered :-) Since I simply don't have the time to
cope with the locale data and I don't have any idea how to implement
certain things effectively (eg. paramterized collation) this could
really save me a lot of work.

Regards,
  a competitor

=====