slices ; Stroustrup & libstdc++

Gabriel Dos Reis Gabriel.Dos-Reis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Jun 19 09:05:00 GMT 2000


Gerhard Wesp <gwesp@cosy.sbg.ac.at> writes:

| > mentioned that the valarray classes, "were not designed very well.
| > In fact, nobody tried to determine whether the final specification
| > worked."
| 
|   indeed i'm starting to get this impression.  (quite arrogant for a c++
| newbie like me, isn't it? ;-) the standard doesn't seem
| to define the very useful (IMO) computed assignment operators, like
| 
|     void operator*=(const T& x);
| 
|   only with other valarrays as arguments.
| 
|   well, c'est la vie, i guess, and i'll have to write my own loops.

I submited a defect, a long time ago. It was considered NAD and
classified as a request for extension -- what I think it is not.  If
you feel that it is indeed a defect then I'll encourage you to send a
note to the committee. You'll have my support.

-- Gaby


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list