Unable to build libstdc++-v3

Phil Edwards pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Wed Aug 23 10:27:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 10:03:55AM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > > I'm tryping to build gcc together with the libstdc++-v3 for Solaris 2.7.
> >
> > Gotta warn you, it's not going to work.  Building under anything but Linux
> > right now isn't happening.  That should change soon.
>
> Err. Actually Phil, Linux builds are the ones that are broken.

...really?  I was getting a working build on i686-pc-linux just recently.

The acconfig.h file was regenerated using very recent maintainer tools.
It seemed to shuffle quite a lot of entries around, but they were
still all there as far as I could tell.  But the scripts registered with
AC_OUTPUT_COMMANDS weren't being executed (didn't even show up in configure),
so I reverted to the older tools and regen'd everything before checking
in the patch.

(Using the older tools with an unchanged Makefile.am, I was getting different
output in Makefile.in's than was already there.  Thus the attempted change.)

> I'm contemplating reverting bits of your patch for the time being, till I
> can figure out what the problem is.

This'll be interesting.  I don't have control over the Linux box here,
so I wonder what's different about it.